PageMaps | splish, splash, August...



Good morning! This months PageMaps sketch is a favorite because it involved circles! YES! They are the perfect accent shape and adds a great flow of movement, too. At first I was going to do the opposite of the sketch design and create circle images for my background, but then I thought, wait, I have a lot of pretty embellishments by Pink Paislee, Heidi Swapp and Elle's Studio, to name a few.


I first punched out a variety of pattern papers to compliment the color palette in my photos and softened them up with vellum. Then embellishing each one with pieces that complimented the story/theme behind the photos and arranging them in a way that would grab attention. Used a dark blue archival pen to create the stitch accents around background and a few circles to balance out the dark blue photo mat that also holds my (oops, I messed up my writing) journaling and title treatment.






Be sure to check out the rest of the teams August projects. Thanks so much for stopping by... hope you enjoyed this months sketch layout. Have an awesome Sunday... until next time... xo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy Scraps. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.