LB | sketch layout...

happy Tuesday!

i don't know about you, but i tend to sketch out a good 85% of all my layouts prior to committing. the other 15% are created by me scraplifting layouts i've created in the past. my layouts may not always portray the same sketch design, but it's usually pretty close. it all depends on my mood, the product and photos i am working w/ at the time. sketches are just wonderful to work with to get that creative mojo flowing.

so today, Lily Bee kicks off this week with July's sketch challenge...

my take on the sketch is pretty much dead on with a few changes, such as, replacing a photo with a journaling block. since this weeks focus on is stars and stripes, i added such elements along with keeping with the geometric shape and design on my page. love how it all turned out. this Destination collection is absolutely PERFECT for boy pages, which means i really need to try and snap photos of my son more often than i have been lately.

the die-cut i used on my page Circle Star Cluster can be found store here... it's a freebie. love her stuff!! (changed mine by adding raised stars for depth)

thanks so much for stopping by. be sure to check out how you can enter the sketch challenge here. i look forward to seeing what you come up with... xo!


  1. Super cute. Love your take on the sketch. Great elements and textures.


Cindy Scraps. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.