American Crafts | Guest Designer...

hello hump day...

happy news, i am guest designer for  American Crafts! i've been a big fan of theirs for years and had the pleasure of using goodies from the Dear Lizzy, My Girl, Yes, Please by Amy Tan, May Berry, Lakeside collections and more.

below i have five projects to share along with close ups...


I've always wanted to create a layout using a variety of bubbles. Each word bubble is filled with a word/phrase and were cut out using my Cameo die-cut machine. Instead of using pop-dots for added depth, I cut another set of plain word bubbles with cardstock and backed each one up with it for thickness.








When I started this layout, I wasn't really sure how the design was going to come about. So, I decided to scraplift a previous layout I had created, this is something I love to do when the mojo is lacking creativity. I added pattern papers with different an array of shapes and kept with a tone-on-tone affect using a mix of elements to add flow and texture.








Inspiration came from the motif on the horse in the photo. I kept with a plain background and used large geometric shapes to be the main focal of my design. Each hexagon is layered with contrasting colors of pattern paper to continue to create flow from the photos. To fill in the space, I used the punched out tiny hexagons using chalkboard stickers. I love that they are self-adhesive and can create a simple embellishment with them.







This simple card has a lattice background, which adds a lot of texture to the overall design. I also used the leftover tiny circles from the die-cut circle pattern as well ass adding the striped pattern paper to bottom of card, which adds a bit of contrast. I love how the smooth texture of the fabric sticker looks against the solid pink paper and the lattice background.


The paper birdhouse was created using my Cameo die-cut machine. My daughter has been wanting a little birdhouse to display in her room and the May Berry and Lucky Charms pattern papers were perfect and to her liking. I layered the roof paper with cardstock for sturdiness and to make machine stitching easier. Quick and easy!

thanks for taking a peek... xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy Scraps. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.